Blog Archive

Monday, January 21, 2008

Martin Lutin King Day

No, that's not a typo. "Martin Lutin King Day" is what my kids call it.

What I did Today...
Instead of doing all the stuff I should have done today (read...review paperwork for D.), I took the little guy to return his jeans. Ended up with $81 worth of stuff we probably would not have owned unless I had made that original $19.99 purchase for a Christmas present. How's that for stimulating the economy?

On the Business Front...
Ahhh, the life of a small business owner. Of course, this deserves a blog all its own. We continue to deal with this issue of independent contractor vs. employee which threatens to drive us back to cubicle world. I should be writing letters to my congresspeople and senators explaining exactly why it is that we need an "intermediate" level of employment that allows small business (and especially seasonal small businesses) to reach a level before they must enter the world of "payroll". Yikes, I hate that word. Instead I created my blog.

The Big D...
Still have not looked in the folder.

On Politics...
I received yet another radical muslim email today. I cannot believe that so many people have chosen to forward such ridiculousness. I have done my part and voiced my opinion to the sender and all those to whom she cc:d it. Heard through the grapevine that I took the email "personally". To which I say, well, everyone otta. At the very least I took it seriously.

No comments: